Monday 11 April 2011

Egypt


When we were done with Dahab we took a 20 hour night bus to Luxor. This time it wasn't a sleeper bus and we stayed on the same bus the whole time (not like in India). The bus journey was relatively uneventful but they did make us get up at midnight at the African border. This was entertaining because they spent a longtime searching through all the Egyptians bags so we had our bags all ready and they just came along with a detecter of some sort and kept walking by ours. But they spent a very long time pouring over our passports.

Luxor was very fun but you couldn't go for a nice walk because the calesh drivers woudn't leave you alone and you know they thought that meant you still wanted to go for a ride, but for a cheaper price. I DON'T WANT A CALESH. I WANT TO WALK!!! Valley of the Kings was amazing. I don't think I realised it then because it took a little time for my dad and brother to covince me that they didn't just repaint the hieroglyphics (I think I have been in India too long).  

2 comments:

  1. I found this articile very interesting and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article was really interesting

    ReplyDelete